By investing in the Scientific Computing Research Unit, you are helping to realise our vision of an Africa that can provide care for all its citizens, where cancer and respiratory disease are conquerable.
The SCRU, a priority, high-impact UCT research initiative, uses computational design and data analytics and its state-of-the-art facilities to advance diagnostic and drug design, increase the number of working super-specialists, and strengthen health systems on the continent.
Over the last 15 years, the SARCHI Chair Programme has established strong foundations of intellectual property, human capital, and infrastructure, and is scaling towards maximum impact.
It will cost ZAR 46.5 million to run the programme for the next five years, of which 12 million has already been raised.
The costs to run the research programme is large but can be made manageable with the support of individuals or organisations that lend support to the following areas:
- Assisting with funding a student for a Master's degree
- Assisting with funding the development of a scientific specialist from Master’s to postdoctoral level
- Investing in the development of a diagnostic solution for cancer
- Investing in the development of a therapeutic solution for cancer
- Investing in the development of a therapeutic solution for pneumonia or Helping us to take on respiratory diseases and cancer and make effective care affordable and accessible in Africa. Visit the UCT Development site and invest in cancer research.
Help us to take on respiratory diseases and cancer and make effective care affordable and accessible in Africa. Donate Now.