Please note the following important dates for admission in 2024:
- 31 July 2023: Applications for 2024 open.
- 30 September 2023: Deadline for applications from students who are not South African citizens.
- 30 November 2023: Deadline for applications from students who are South African citizens.
- Please visit the website https://uct.ac.za/students.
- Applicants must first apply to the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics: Send an email to the MAM Postgraduate Administrator, Ms Tanya Hannival (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating which course (MAM4000W or MAM4001W) you are applying for, and, if you did not study at UCT, including a full academic transcript for all your undergraduate courses. Students whose undergraduate work is/was at UCT do not need to include a transcript. Usually, the Honours Selection Committee will require a Skype interview with applicants who did not complete their undergraduate work at UCT (this can instead be a face-to-face interview if you are in Cape Town). Once your application has been received by the Committee, we will be in touch about this.
- Applicants must also apply to UCT for admission as a postgraduate student. When you fill in the application, leave the Research proposal blank.
The Honours Selection Committee endeavours to make decisions on applications as quickly as possible. If your academic record is strong enough, we will typically make an offer of admission that is conditional on your continued performance at or above a stated level. In situations where we feel we don't have enough information to make a decision (for example, we have decided to wait for your end of year results), it can take substantially longer.